Stepping into the vibrant world of UAE freezone ventures? Let FZBuddy be your compass. Under the astute guidance of Melinda Sherman, a luminary with extensive prowess in UAE's commercial intricacies, our platform paves your way to triumph. Melinda's contributions span deep insights into freezone guidelines and supporting the next wave of entrepreneurs. With FZBuddy, you're not just receiving insights; you're drawing from Melinda's profound cache of regional entrepreneurial insights. Step confidently with FZBuddy, your beacon in UAE freezone proficiency.
Welcome to the ultimate guide on Dubai Science Park Visa Cost & Types (Freelancers, Investors & Family, etc.) by Fzbuddy. If you’re considering moving to this innovative hub, you’ll need to know all about the different types of visas, their costs, and the nitty-gritty details that come with them. So, let’s dive right in!
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
- Types of Visas for Dubai Science Park
- Working Hours for Dubai Science Park Residents
- Overtime Regulations in Dubai Science Park
- Holidays for Dubai Science Park Residents
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Types of Visas for Dubai Science Park
Dubai Science Park (DSP) offers a wide range of visa options to suit various needs. Whether you’re a freelancer, an investor, or looking to move your family, there’s something for everyone. Unlike Dubai Internet City or Dubai Media City, DSP has its unique offerings tailored to the education sector and beyond.
Freelancer Visa Cost and Requirements
The freelancer visa is essential for those pursuing freelance activities within the Dubai Science Park’s dynamic environment, offering a blend of professional services and business-friendly opportunities. As an attractive option for freelancers, this visa facilitates legal working status for a wide range of professionals, from fashion artists and visual merchandisers to software developers.
Understanding the cost and requirements of this visa is crucial for making an informed choice before diving into any freelancing activities in the park. This section discusses in detail the cost of and eligibility for applying for this visa. Remember that this visa serves as a gateway for those seeking flexibility and independence in their professional endeavors within Dubai Science Park.
Cost of Freelancer Visa
The cost of obtaining a freelancer visa in Dubai Science Park varies depending on several factors, including the freelance package you choose and any additional costs that may arise. You can expect to pay around AED 7,500 to AED 10,000 on average. This is somewhat similar to the freelance permit costs at Dubai Knowledge Park.
Eligibility Requirements for Freelancer Visa
To be eligible for a freelancer visa, you must meet certain academic qualifications and have a valid original passport. You’ll also need to complete an application form and provide a passport photo. You’ll find this visa particularly useful if you’re an independent contractor, such as a fashion stylist, textile designer, or apparel designer.
Types of Freelance Visas in Dubai Science Park
The following are the types of freelance visas:
- Short-Term Freelance Visa: Suited for projects with a duration of up to one year, offering flexibility for temporary assignments.
- Long-Term Freelance Visa: Ideal for freelancers engaged in projects extending beyond one year, providing stability and continuity.
- Freelancer Work Permit: A prerequisite allowing freelancers to legally work within Dubai Science Park, ensuring compliance.
- 2-Year Freelance Visa: Offering an extended timeframe for freelancers seeking a longer commitment to projects and opportunities.
- Green Visa for Freelancers: Emphasizing sustainability, this visa aligns with environmental and socially responsible freelance activities.
- Affordable Freelance Visa: Catering to freelancers seeking a cost-effective solution while maintaining the legal framework.
- Freelance Visa Holders Family Sponsorship: Extending benefits to family members, allowing them to reside in Dubai with the freelancer.
- Freelancer License with Business Activity: Tailored for freelancers involved in various business activities, providing a diverse scope.
- Educational Qualifications Visa: Recognizing and accommodating freelancers with specific educational qualifications relevant to their field.
- Freelancer Visa for Software Development: Targeting professionals in the software development sector, aligning with the tech-focused environment.
- Express Service Freelance Visa: Streamlining the application process for freelancers who require expedited visa services.
- Comprehensive License Packages: Offering a holistic approach, including diverse services within a single freelance license package.
Investor Visa Cost and Requirements
Investor visas encompass not only the license fee but also additional corporate services. This avenue is particularly appealing to those engaged in hedge funds or alternative investments, where strategic investment management is paramount. Let’s go into the details of this type of Dubai visa.
Cost of Investor Visa
Investor visas come with their own costs, generally ranging from AED 13,000 to AED 20,000. This includes the license fee and other corporate services. Investment management is a key consideration, especially if you’re involved in hedge funds or alternative investments.
Eligibility Requirements for Investor Visa
To qualify, you must show proof of share capital and meet other financial institutions’ requirements. You’ll also need a business centre as your office space4. Private companies and portfolio companies often opt for this visa type.
Types of Investor Visas
The following are the types of investor visas:
- Investor Residence Visa: Designed for foreign investors looking to reside in Dubai Science Park, providing a pathway for long-term residency.
- Golden Visa for Investors: Offering an extended residency option for investors, recognizing significant contributions to the economic landscape.
- Investor Visa with Business Activity: Tailored for investors engaged in various business sectors, allowing them to actively participate in Dubai Science Park’s thriving business environment.
- Corporate Investor Visa: Targeting investors representing corporate entities, providing a streamlined process for establishing and growing business ventures.
- Family Investor Residence Visa: Extending the benefits of residency to the family members of investors, creating a cohesive environment for the entire family.
- Sector-Specific Investor Visa: Aligned with Dubai Science Park’s diverse sectors, this visa caters to investors focusing on specific industries such as technology, healthcare, or research.
- Investor Visa for Decentralized Applications: Tailored for investors involved in decentralized applications or blockchain technology, reflecting Dubai Science Park’s commitment to innovation.
- Investor Visa with Real Estate Investment: Recognizing investors contributing to the real estate sector, this visa combines investment in both business and property.
- Green Investor Residence Visa: Emphasizing sustainability, this visa aligns with eco-friendly and socially responsible investment activities.
- Investor Visa for Impact Investments: Geared towards investors making socially impactful investments, promoting positive change within the community.
Family-Based Residency Permit Cost and Requirements
The family-based residency permit is an entry permit designed to accommodate the families of professionals and investors residing in the park, ensuring a seamless integration of personal and professional life. By offering family members the opportunity to share in the benefits of residency, Dubai Science Park not only attracts talent but also prioritizes the well-being and stability of those contributing to its vibrant community.
Cost of Family-Based Residency Permit
A family-based residency permit costs around AED 4,000 to AED 6,000, depending on the residence permit type and application fees involved5. This is an excellent option if you’re looking to move your family offices to the UAE.
Eligibility Requirements for Family-Based Residency Permit
Eligibility criteria include having a valid resident visa and meeting the level of education requirements. You’ll also need to undergo medical tests. This is a three-year visa, similar to what the Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone offers.
Types of Family-Based Residency Permits
The following are the different types of family-based residency permits:
- Professional’s Family Residency Permit: Aligned with professionals utilizing office spaces within Dubai Science Park, this permit extends residency benefits to the immediate family members, including spouses and children.
- Investor’s Family Residency Permit: Tailored for investors contributing to the economic landscape of Dubai Science Park, this permit allows family members to join the investor in their residency, utilizing corporate banks and adhering to financial solvency requirements.
- Entrepreneur’s Family Residency Permit: For entrepreneurs engaged in business activities within the park, this permit facilitates the sponsorship of family members, promoting a straightforward process and providing a business-friendly environment.
- Scientist’s Family Residency Permit: Catering to scientists and researchers, this permit supports their families’ integration into the vibrant community of Dubai Science Park, offering a specialized diploma and focusing on a range of sectors.
- Academician’s Family Residency Permit: Aligned with the academic community within the park, this permit enables educators and their families to contribute to the educational ecosystem while enjoying family-centric benefits, such as a one-year visa.
- Healthcare Professional’s Family Residency Permit: Geared towards healthcare professionals, this permit recognizes the importance of family support for those contributing to the health and well-being of the community, including wedding planners and bank reference letter submission.
- Technology Expert’s Family Residency Permit: Tailored for individuals in the technology sector, this permit facilitates the inclusion of family members, utilizing a business service platform and ensuring a green residence.
- Innovator’s Family Residency Permit: Recognizing innovation as a driving force in Dubai Science Park, this permit allows innovators and their families to be part of a community that values creativity and forward-thinking, exploring the entire process with convenient options.
Working Hours for Dubai Science Park Residents
Dubai Science Park has specific resident work hours regulations. Typically, the working hours are from 9 AM to 6 PM, but there are exceptions for business owners and finance professionals. This is in line with the region’s Dubai Culture and customer service standards.
Overtime Regulations in Dubai Science Park
Overtime is generally not encouraged but can be accommodated under certain conditions. Understanding the employment visa rules and residency visa procedures is essential to avoid any legal issues. This is crucial for freelance employment visa holders and those with a freelancing visa.
Read More: RAKEZ Visa Types with Cost for Freelancers, Investors & Family
Holidays for Dubai Science Park Residents
Dubai Science Park residents enjoy public holidays per the UAE law, including special holidays for Indian nationals and other expats. This aligns with the Dubai Airport Free Zone and Abu Dhabi regulations.
Dubai Science Park offers many options for working or settling in the UAE. From Freelancer Visas to Investor Visas and Family-Based Residency Permits, there’s a visa for every need and budget. So why wait? Start your Dubai Science Park journey today!
FZBuddy aims to provide accurate and reliable information as you navigate the UAE Freezone space. As such, our writers refer to primary information sources in supporting each article appearing on this website. These include, but are not limited to, published news articles, government portals, research papers, and more.
- Dubai Science Park. (n.d.). Biotechnology, Research, Life Sciences | Dubai Science Park. https://dsp.ae/
- Home – Executive Council. (n.d.). Executive Council. https://tec.gov.ae/en/home